PREVIOUS VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCE
Please list your most recent volunteer experience first
Volunteer Experience #1
Volunteer Experience #2
Volunteer Experience #3
Please list your most recent employer first
4. Please provide the following information concerning your local church.
5. This organization is a Christian pro-life ministry. We believe that our faith in Jesus Christ empowers us, enables us,
and motivates us to provide pregnancy services in this community. Please write a brief statement about how your
faith would affect your work at this center.
12. How would you rate yourself in the following areas?
16. I understand that due to the extensive nature of the training, and the relationship-building that is fostered with
the clients, a time commitment must be made of 1 day a week; 4 hours per day; for a 1 year period in order to
fill the role of Client Advocate or a Sonographer.
Please list four people (non-relatives), one being a ministry leader, who would provide a reference for you, and who have known you for at least two years.
Please provide their full name, address, phone number, relationship, number of years you have been acquainted and their email address.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING AND SIGN THE FINAL PAGE:
Statement of Faith
Statement of Principles
Applicant’s Certification and Agreement
STATEMENT OF FAITH
STATEMENT OF BIBLICAL FAITH. The statement of faith does not exhaust the extent of our faith. The Bible itself is the sole and final source of all that we believe as interpreted and applied by our governing board. When and as considered necessary the governing board may seek the counsel of local church pastors for interpretation and application of the Bible’s meaning.
1. We believe the Bible to be the only inspired, infallible Word of God and that it is the final authority concerning morality and conduct of mankind. (I Thess. 2:13, 2 Tim. 3:15-17)
2. We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matt. 28:19, John 10:30, 1 Cor. 8:6, Eph. 4:4-6)
3. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matt. 1:18-25, John 1:1-4 and 1:29, Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24, Rom. 8:34, I Cor. 15:3-4, 2 Cor. 5:21, Philippians 2:5-11, Heb. 1:1-4 and 4:15)
4. We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential and that this salvation is received through faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord and not as a result of good works. (John 3:16, Acts 16:31, Rom. 3:23-24,Titus 3:5)
5. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Sprit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a Godly life and perform good works, (Acts 1:8 and 4:31, Rom. 8:9, 1 Cor. 2:14, Gal. 5:16-18, Eph. 2:10 and 6:12, Col. 2:6-10,1 John 3:24)
6. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto resurrection of eternal life and they that are lost unto resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Cor. 15:51-57, Rev. 20:11-15)
7. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the Church. (1 Cor. 12:12 and 27, Eph. 1:22-23)
STATEMENT OF SANCTITY OF HUMAN LIFE We believe that all human life is sacred and created by God in His image. Human life is of inestimable worth in all its dimensions, including all pre-born babies, the aged, the physically or mentally challenged and every other stage or condition from conception through natural death. We are therefore called to defend, protect and value all human life. (Psalm 139:13, Isaiah 49:1, Jer. 1:5, Matt. 22:37-39, Rom. 12:20-21, Gal. 6:10)
STATEMENT ON MARRIAGE, GENDER AND SEXUALITY We believe that term “marriage” has only one meaning and that is marriage sanctioned by God which joins one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture. We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to only occur between a man and a woman who are married to each other. We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between a man and a woman. We believe that any form of sexual immorality, such as adultery, fornication, homosexuality, bisexual conduct, bestiality, incest, pornography or any attempt to change one’s gender, or disagreement with one’s biological gender, is sinful and offensive to God. (Gen. 1:26-27, 2:18-25; Ex. 20:14, 22:19; Lev. 18, Deut. 22:5; Matt. 15:16-20, 19:4-6, 9; Rom. 1:26-31; I Cor. 6:9-10, 15-20; Phil. 2:14-16; Heb. 13:4; I Tim. 1:8-11; Jude 7)
We believe that in order to preserve the function and integrity of the purposes and mission of our organization, and to provide a biblical role model to the clients we serve and members of the community, it is imperative that all persons employed by the organization in any capacity, or who serve as volunteers, should abide by and agree to this Statement on Marriage, Gender and Sexuality and conduct themselves accordingly. We believe that God offers redemption and restoration to all who confess and forsake their sin, seeking His mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ. We believe that every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity. Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual are to be repudiated and are not in accord with scripture nor the mission of this organization.
SOUNDVIEW PREGNANCY SERVICES STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLES
1. Soundview Pregnancy Services is an outreach ministry of Jesus Christ through His Church. Therefore, Soundview Pregnancy Services, embodied in its volunteers, is committed to presenting the Gospel of our Lord, both in word and deed, to women with crisis pregnancies. Commensurate with this purpose, those who labor as Soundview Pregnancy Services Board members, Directors, Staff and volunteers are expected to know Christ as their Savior and Lord.
2. Soundview Pregnancy Services is committed to providing its clients with accurate and complete information about both prenatal development and abortion, as well as the options available to them.
3. Soundview Pregnancy Services is committed to integrity in dealing with clients, earning their trust, providing promised information and services, and avoiding any form of deception in its corporate advertising or individual conversations with its clients.
4. Soundview Pregnancy Services is committed to assisting women to carry to term by providing emotional support and practical assistance. Through the provision of God’s people and the community at large, women may face the future with hope, and plan constructively for themselves and their babies.
5. Soundview Pregnancy Services never discriminates in providing services because of the race, creed, color, national origin, religion, age, or marital status of its clients.
6. Soundview Pregnancy Services never advises, provides, or refers for abortion or abortifacients. (An abortifacient is any drug that produces an abortion. Example: RU486 or the “morning-after pill.”)
7. Soundview Pregnancy Services offers assistance free of charge at all times.
8. Soundview Pregnancy Services is committed to creating an awareness within the local community of the needs of pregnant women and of the fact that abortion only compounds human need rather than resolving it.
9. Soundview Pregnancy Services does not recommend, provide, or refer single women for contraceptives. The value of sexual integrity will be emphasized with single clients when discussing the topic of birth control. (Married women seeking contraceptive information should be urged to seek counsel, along with their husband, from their pastor and physician.)
10. Soundview Pregnancy Services recognizes the validity of adoption as an alternative to abortion, but is not biased toward adoption when compared to the other life-saving alternatives. When interacting with independent adoption agencies, Soundview Pregnancy Services shall assure that referrals are made in a manner that fully protects the interest of clients and avoids any conflict of interest.
VOLUNTEEER APPLICANT CERTIFICATION AND AGREEMENT
I certify that the facts set forth in this volunteer application are true and complete to the best of my knowledge, and I authorize the Soundview Pregnancy Services to verify their accuracy and to obtain reference information concerning my character and capabilities. I release the Soundview Pregnancy Services and any person or entity providing such reference information from any and all liability relating to the provision of such information or relating to any decisions made based upon such information.
I give permission to the Soundview Pregnancy Services to conduct a criminal background check to the extent that my volunteer duties may involve direct interaction with minors.
If I become a volunteer at Soundview Pregnancy Services, I agree to fully adhere to its policies and rules, including those rules relating to maintaining client confidentiality. I recognize that, as a volunteer, I will serve in a different role than the employees of the Soundview Pregnancy Services, and I am not seeking, nor expecting to receive, any compensation or other benefits in return for any volunteer services which I may provide for this ministry.
I further certify that I have read and that I am in full agreement with Soundview Pregnancy Services’ Statement of Faith and Statement of Principle.